The Shun Kanso 8" chef knife is the one knife that every kitchen needs. The chef's knife is perfect for chopping, slicing, preparing fruits, cutting vegetables and any other task that is required. The Shun Kanso chef's knife is more styled after an Asian Gyuto with a flatter profile and wider heel. This is also a great knife for push cuts. (slicing forward)
Shun Kanso is a design that is new from SHUN. Kanso means "Simplicity" in Japanese. The Kanso line has been brought down to the basics of what a knife should be. High quality steel with a comfortable function and form.
- Japanese AUS10 high carbon vanadium steel that takes a razors edge
- Heritage finish gives the Shun Kanso knives a rustic finish that is highly scratch resistant
- 16 degree cutting angle on each side. This gives a smooth clean cut.
- Full tang construction with a Tagayasan wood handle. Very durable and smooth.
- Crafted in Seki Japan and has a lifetime warranty