The Shun Kanso Utility knife is a great knife to bridge the gap between the paring knife and the chef's knife. The smaller size makes it perfect for vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes etc. The slight belly allows the knife to be rocked similar to a chef's knife as well. This can also be that go to knife for anything from sandwich making to being that impromptu steak knife.
Shun Kanso is a design that is new from SHUN. Kanso means "Simplicity" in Japanese. The Kanso line has been brought down to the basics of what a knife should be. High quality steel with a comfortable function and form.
- Japanese AUS10 high carbon vanadium steel that takes a razors edge
- Heritage finish gives the Shun Kanso knives a rustic finish that is highly scratch resistant
- 16 degree cutting angle on each side. This gives a smooth clean cut.
- Full tang construction with a Tagayasan wood handle. Very durable and smooth.
- Crafted in Seki Japan and has a lifetime warranty