The Shun Kanso paring knife is ideal for peeling, cutting small fruits and vegetables and primarily and job that requires a small knife that is easy to handle. The small size gives you control of the knife including the tip for coring. I usually recommend that you have two or three paring knives so that you have plenty to work with while preparing a meal.
Shun Kanso is a design that is new from SHUN. Kanso means "Simplicity" in Japanese. The Kanso line has been brought down to the basics of what a knife should be. High quality steel with a comfortable function and form.
- Japanese AUS10 high carbon vanadium steel that takes a razors edge
- Heritage finish gives the Shun Kanso knives a rustic finish that is highly scratch resistant
- 16 degree cutting angle on each side. This gives a smooth clean cut.
- Full tang construction with a Tagayasan wood handle. Very durable and smooth.
- Crafted in Seki Japan and has a lifetime warranty